Monday, February 12, 2007

Music: Adam Nixon

"I write, play guitar, and sing. I like to sing about things that matter to me. I try to describe life realistically and to point out whatever small beauty I am capable of seeing." - Adam Nixon

Adam is a good friend of mine. I like his music. It's honest. His music is about life and, since he's living the Orthodox way of life, it's an expression of the Orthodox experience.

If you go into an Orthodox church you will hear the ancient music of our divine services. If you go to one of our cultural festivals, like a Greek Fest or Mediterranean (Arabic) Fest, you'll hear the folk music of Orthodox people who have cultural ties to other parts of the world. Adam makes music that has a familiar American feel, and it's good with a cup of coffee. Check out his music at MySpace Music and at StageFM.